Finding a place to live is one of the challenging decisions student need to make to ensure student get a secure, affordable and comfortable place. With the number of international Student keep on increasing every semester, we find it difficult to ensure that every student gets on campus accommodation.
There are 12 residential colleges on campus which provide accommodation for more than 11,000 Student. Each residential college allocates 5% of its rooms for international Student.
For on campus accommodation, we offer twin sharing room which cost RM15.00 per day per pax exclusive of meals. The facilities that we provide are:
- Twin room with bed, mattress, pillow, cupboard, chair and study table.
- Common bathroom (No attached bathroom. Student need to share the bathroom which available at each level of college building).
- Ceiling fan (no air condition).
- Facilities available in common area: coin operated washing machine, iron, kettle, laundry shop, tuck shop and cafe.
- Internet WIFI are provided
Priority is given to undergraduate Student and exchange Student to stay in the Residential Colleges. Postgraduate student applications will be considered by the College Master only if they are vacant rooms in the college.
Student are not allowed to bring his/her family to stay in the residential college because it was for Student’ accommodation only.
The International House (IH) is another option for the Student. It is located outside the main campus, and is about 10 minutes away from the main campus. The International House is an apartment with two (2) bedrooms where each unit can accommodate up to 4 persons. IH will serve for Student who bring their family along to study in University of Malaya. There are only 80 units available for Student.