- Enhance the educational experience
- Broaden student personal and educational perspectives
- Allow students to explore, appreciate and understand different cultures and societies
- Enhance students second language learning and life skills
- Strengthen the networking between students themselves and partner universities
- Provides the opportunity to travel
- An opportunity to make friends around the world (creating network)
- An opportunity to break out of your academic routine
- Help Promote the University (UM) & the Country
- Promote Malaysian cultures and languages
- Pass on your experience to other people
- Enhance the value of your degree.
- Enhances employment opportunities in Employer’s eyes
- Willing to embrace challenges
- Able to cope with diverse problems and situations.
What will be offered?
The University of Malaya will only pay each student up to a ceiling costs of RM4,000 which comprises of the following benefits:
- Return Air fare – 70% of the total costs will be payable by the UM and the balance of 30% will be payable by the student
- Daily living allowance up to RM15 per day – maximum of one (1) semester only
- Daily Accommodation allowance up to RM15 per day
- Passport and visa fee costs are at the expense of the outbound students