The University of Malaya Student Exchange Programme (UMSEP) is coordinated by the University of Malaya International Student Centre (ISC). ISC processes all applications and issues offer letters to successful students.
All qualified students (nominated by partner universities or independent students) are invited to apply for UMSEP. The eligibility requirements are:
- Enrolled as a degree student in home university;
- Have completed at least one academic year of study in home university;
- Nominated by home university (an official coordinator’s email address from the home university is required).We do not accept applications through unofficial agents;
- Have good academic standing with CGPA not less than 3.0 or equivalent;
- Have good English proficiency in speaking and writing (English requirement for courses in Faculty of Business & Accountancy and Faculty of Law: IELTS (academic) Band 6, TOEFL 550).
- Students are advised to complete all the compulsory fields in the online application form, and upload all the related documents requested. Failure to follow the guideline may affect the application processes.
- Students should select up to 30 credit hours (10 courses) through the online system. This is to ensure adequate number of approved courses prior to arrival at University of Malaya. In order to be approved, student must obtain an approval of a minimum of 6 credit hours (2 courses). Students are permitted to enroll not more than 20 credit hours per semester, subject to availability of courses and the Faculty’s approval.
- Undergraduate students are strictly not allowed to apply for Postgraduate courses.
- Results will be announced at least 2 months before the session opens.
- Students must be aware that due to some unforeseen circumstances, some courses offered may be changed or canceled last minute, or at the time of registration. If this happens, students will be advised by the Faculty to register for another course(s) during the registration period.
- The University will not entertain any appeal should the students fail to receive offer letter 2 months after the closing date.
- Successful students with offer letter are strictly not allowed to enter Malaysia without applying for Visa with Reference (VDR). Students are advised to submit VDR application 2 months before entering Malaysia. Application must be done through online system. A link for VDR application will appear automatically inside the e-inbound system once candidate get their offer letter. Candidate must check their VDR application status through email or the e-inbound system. Student will be informed through email, e-visa system or by phone call if their application is not completed.
- Successful students are not allowed to drop courses stipulated in the offer letter or add courses during the registration week except for valid reason approved by the Faculty. Therefore, when you receive your offer letter, please make a wise decision before you accept to join the UMSEP.
- Fee details will be informed to the successful students in the offer letter.
We wish you all the best of luck in your application!