- Postgraduate student applications will be considered only if they are vacant rooms in the college.
- All postgraduate students must make sure that they have sorted out their accommodation before or once student arrive in University of Malaya.
- For those who want to apply for on campus accommodation, a complete application must reach the International Student Centre (ISC) at least 4 weeks in advance of a new semester / arrival at UM to secure a place (subject to availability).
- Booking can only be made for at least 1 month before check in date. Rooms will be reserved for 30 days after the application approved. The University reserves the right to release the room after that period of duration.
- Each complete application will be process and International Student Centre (ISC) will announce the result within one (1) week after receiving the application. The application does not guarantee a place in the Residential College. All bookings are entertained on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis.
- To apply for on campus accommodation, please download this application form : Single Application : Accomodation Application Form
Then submit the completed form together with these following documents:
- copy of offer letter as a student
- copy of passport
- passport size photo
Submit the application to these email address:
Mr. Mohd Hairil Zainal Abidin
If they are no vacant rooms, please try other options. Student can take an off campus accommodation and looking for a place nearby. Student also can browse some websites such as www.hostelhunting.com, www.iproperty.com.my or www.mudah.my for guidance. The nearby areas are Petaling Jaya in the State of Selangor, and Bangsar, Bangsar South, Pantai, Midvalley City and KL Central in the Kuala Lumpur Province.
- Student can call the owners/agents of the properties for further information related to the houses and the rental fees. Please note that the University of Malaya has no relationship with any of these agents. We got their contact details at the apartment/condominium and thought that it will be good if we can share them with our Student who are looking for off campus accommodation before they arrive here. We would like to express again that the University of Malaya is not responsible for any matter related to the rental and tenancy agreement made between Student and the owners/agents.