FACULTY OF SCIENCE
LIST OF PROGRAMMES OFFERED
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the grade 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selection programme before being accepted by the respective faculty.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
For the latest English Language Requirements please refer HERE
Students applying for the programmes listed below :
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biohealth
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology;
(i) A band of 6.0 and above in IELTS (Academic); or
(ii) A score of 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT) or 80 (IBT) and above in TOEFL
CHANGE IN PROGRAMME OF STUDY
With reference to University of Malaya (first degree studies) regulations 2013, Clause 3 (3)(a) Change in Programme of Study, a student who has registered in a programme of study offered IS NOT ALLOWED
to change the (that) programme of study.
STUDENT FEES FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2018/2019
1. Tuition fees are subject to UM Management approval and may change.
2. Tuition fees above does not include accommodation, medical check-up, insurance and visa processing fees.
3. Total fees displayed in USD are an estimated and pegged based on exchange rate of USD1=MYR4.20. The fees are subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuation and students will be charged in MYR on a semester basis after completion of course registration.
4. The above fee structure is applicable for new admission effective from 2018/2019 and remain until 2020/2021 sessions.
5. The fee schedule is correct at the time of printing. UM reserves the right to revise the fees mentioned above that are deemed necessary.