FACULTY OF SCIENCE
LIST OF PROGRAMS OFFERED
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the grade 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selection programme before being accepted by the respective faculty.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students must obtain:
(i) A band of 5.0 and above in IELTS (Academic); or
(ii) A score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above in TOEFL; or
(iii) Pass in any equivalent English proficiency test approved and recognised by the University of Malaya.
Students applying for the programmes listed below :
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biohealth
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology;
(i) A band of 6.0 and above in IELTS (Academic); or
(ii) A score of 550 (PBT), 213 (CBT) or 80 (IBT) and above in TOEFL; or its equivalent.
CHANGE IN PROGRAMME OF STUDY
With reference to University of Malaya (first degree studies) regulations 2013, Clause 3 (3)(a) Change in Programme of Study, a student who has registered in a programme of study offered IS NOT ALLOWED
to change the (that) programme of study.
STUDENT FEES FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2018/2019
1. Tuition fees are subject to UM Management approval and may change.
2. Tuition fees above does not include accommodation, medical check-up, insurance and visa processing fees.
3. Total fees displayed in USD are an estimated and pegged based on exchange rate of USD1=MYR4.20. The fees are subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuation and students will be charged in MYR on a semester basis after completion of course registration.
4. The above fee structure is applicable for new admission effective from 2018/2019 and remain until 2020/2021 sessions.
5. The fee schedule is correct at the time of printing. UM reserves the right to revise the fees mentioned above that are deemed necessary.